Tuesday, January 29, 2008

todAAy ...


"Some people procrastinate so much that all they can do is run around like firefighters all day -- putting out fires that should not have gotten started in the first place." -- Nido Qubein

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday." -- Don Marquis

"A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault." -- Cardinal Newman



todAAy... i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Eyes Wide Shut, the 6:30am AA meeting I attend just about every day; it's the best way to start my day that I have found and sure does beat going to the bar at 7am

that each moment of every day is unique unto itself

that if I want to experience many of my character defects, give me something to be in fear of
(heard this in a meeting)

that days like this only come around once every 24 hours

for a warm bed and a hot man

"To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right."
-- Confucius

11 comments:

Pammie said...

Happy Tuesday Dave!
My favorite bar used to open at 7:30 AM..The Mad Bull. I can remember sitting in the parking lot waiting for the doors to be unlocked and hoping no one saw me. Geeze I'm grateful for THIS life today. Enjoy your sober day as well.

Bill said...

Well, at least I have an electric mattress pad.

Anonymous said...

love the confucius quote! glad you have a warm bed and a hot man.

Scott W said...

I've got my heart set to 'right' today.

sojo said...

Wow. So much great stuff packed into one post.

I am thinking of the old Groundhog Days. So completely different from this moment.

Syd said...

I'd like to make a comment about my cat keeping me warm but won't. Snuggling is one of my favorite past times.

Anonymous said...

At 6:30 am I bet many eyes are wide shut. I would begin drinking at 7:00 am when my program went out the window. However I would not elect a bar, that would only mean I may have to talk with humans. No way, it was on with me, myself and I. Sick.

Warm bed along with a hot man, what a combo!

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

i thank you for your support.

Yes, to each his own.

Have a wonderful day.

Love you

Zanejabbers said...

Confucis say YOU GOOD FRIEND.

Mary Christine said...

I'll settle for a warm bed.

johno said...

hey daave, thanks for your comment, what do you mean proper step work?

have a good day
johno