Monday, January 28, 2008

a long way to go


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I woke up sober and with no hangover this morning

that my martyrdom and isolationism may soon pass (feelings and behaviors I seem to experience occasionally)

that I am not long-winded when I talk in public

that I'm still able to make new memories each day

that I've learned to keep many of my "observations" to myself; especially when they are less-than flattering

Electile Dysfunction:
The inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.



11 comments:

Pammie said...

Please teach me the secret of being able to keep my observations to myself. I know it would make my life soooo much better, and everyone elses too.

Anonymous said...

love the quote about the presidential election - that's funny. and i'm glad i'm not too long winded when speaking in public, either. (at least i don't think i am!)

Mary Christine said...

Who knew! A female suffering from ED! That's me!

sojo said...

Isn't it great that this stuff passes? We'll hang tight Dave. I sure can identify this morning.

Scott W said...

Martyrdom, I didn't know you owned a cross.

One Drunk to Another said...

Ahhhh martyrdom. I like mine with a slice of lime. ;-)

Sojourner said...

Dave, I like the electile dysfunction definition. But I must say that the Democrats have diversity for sure. I just want a good person who will bring a new day for the country.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

Hi. Thank you for calling the other day. I get lost here in my house and sometimes forget to stay in touch with my loved ones.

I do love you, Dave.

later

Bill said...

You're too much fun to isolate.

Sing with me now:
this little light of mine...
I'm gonna let it shine...

Zanejabbers said...

Electile Dysfunction? That's funny.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what goes on in that sober head of yours and all those less-than flattering observations out and about. I bet you could do stand up comedy with those observations!

That "soon pass" stuff, whoa this time around I am truly experiencing it for all that it is worth. It really does pass. Sucks as heck meanwhile however.