Tuesday, January 01, 2008

TUESDAY

My 2007 in pictures (partially) ...





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my Mom lived to see 2008; we had another scare this week but once again she has pulled through and should get out of the hospital in a day or two

that I am up this morning without a hangover and can remember everything I did last night

for good attendance at Lambda last night for a New Year's Eve celebration

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
-Buddha

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in.
A pessimist stays up to make sure the year leaves."


-- Bill Vaughn



"Another fresh New Year is here…
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright New Year is given me
To live each day with zest…
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!"
-- William Arthur Ward

"For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice." -- T.S. Eliot

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
-- Edith Lovejoy Pierce

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Hey!

Life is great!

It's 2008!

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the picture slide show. glad your mom's doing better today. happy new year and much love, daave.

Redhead Gal said...

Happy New Year, dAAve! It's great to be sober and not hungover today.

So glad to hear about your Mom being better.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for the slide show, I enjoyed knowing where most of the pictures were taken and I even recognized a few faces. You are a joy. Thanks for your friendship and Happy New Year. XXXOOO, MC

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy New Year, Buddy

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

Bless your Mother's heart ! She is hanging in there like a trouper. I hope and pray that she will get beyond her difficulties of late and get to a place of stability again.

She's still here with us for a reason.

I wish her Peace and comfortability.

You too.

I love you, Dave. Happy New Year !

sojo said...

Great pictures Daave! Thanks for sharing. Here's my best for you for 08. And for your mom too.

Clarity said...

Hey so great to read you again! Happy New Year my sober blogging Hero!
XO
Clarity

lash505 said...

Wow that was great daave.. Have a great 2008.