Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Anger














todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I've learned, and sometimes remember, how to process anger -- in recovery.

Anger is a form of FEAR. Either I feel threatened about something or I'm afraid I'm going to lose something I already ahve or I'm not going to get something I want.


Once I recognize which direction my fear is coming from, I can begin to let it go.


Anger is like a thorn in the heart.
- Yiddish Proverb

For every minute you remain angry,
you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it.
- English Proverb

He who angers you conquers you.
- Elizabeth Kenny


5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Hope you have an anger free Tuesday.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) Happy tuesday, hope it's anger free!

JeremyRT said...

I need to read this, thank you!

Syd said...

Yes, I think that anger is one of the most harmful thing. And it all goes back to the number one character defect of mine--fear.

steveroni said...

I don't need to read this...but maybe I DO--grin!

Thanks