Friday, July 22, 2011

something new





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I made my first-ever attempt at Yoga last night. We have a combination yoga/A.A. meeting at my recovery center. One hour of simple yoga stretching and then 1/2 hour of an A.A. meeting. The facilitator had us go round the circle and pick a letter of the alphabet and come up with a word beginning with that letter and then talk for a minute or two about that word and its relation to recovery. Comprehend? Very interesting.

that I'm changing as a person; not sure how or where it will take me, but I know I'm changing. For the better, I hope.


Forgiveness does not change the past,
but it does enlarge the future.
- Paul Boese


6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Wow. A Sober Downward facing dog?

Syd said...

Yoga is a good workout. What was your letter? We did the whole alphabet in Al-Anon and it was interesting.

dAAve said...

My letter was B. I talked about hitting my bottom and that I NEVER want to go back there again.

JeremyRT said...

I think that sounds amazing. Very cool

Princess Powerless said...

Oooh, I like that idea for a meeting! I'm stealing it, fo' sho'.

JubilantOne said...

Crap. Wrong posting identity.