Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Houston at Night





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I have a Higher Power that knows me so well; a Higher Power from which I cannot hide nor be dishonest, a Higher Power that gave me the opportunity to stop drinking
(something I could not do by myself)

that I live in such a wonderful city (Houston) that has so many opportunities to offer to so many people. We are leading the country in growth and there's a reason for this

to be able to be aware and recognize when my experience is of help to someone else although most of the time, I am surely NOT aware of these times


Resistance creates suffering.
Stress happens when your mind resists what is.
The only problem in your life
is your mind's resistance to life as it unfolds.
- Dan Millman


5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Houston is a wonderful city. Mainly because YOU are there!!!

steveroni said...

Houston looks like an artist's creation.

WAIT! It IS!

I'm grateful for you daily reminders and remembrances.

Syd said...

I received a call from someone in the fellowship yesterday morning. I met him when I was on a sailing voyage. He has asked me to sponsor him. Strange how we cross paths with people--not coincidence, I am convinced but God at work.

Carol said...

I've missed you most of all (didn't Dorothy say that in the Wizard of Oz?), I'm at the library at lunch times & moving soon, I plan to post at least a few times a week. I love it and I'm glad that you're still posting.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Houston from a greater perspective! BEAUTIFUL!!!

SO COOL!

Thanks for continuing to share the light dAAve! :)