Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Learning






todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
for the courage to change the things I can
for the wisdom to know the difference

the little prayer above is very helpful to me in finding the ability to let go of "stuff"

for the people who return to the rooms of A.A. after conducting more research;
they provide some of the best lessons I can hear and see

that I'm able to help others, even if in very small ways;
sometimes an listening ear, sometimes a ride, sometimes by sharing my experience


You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

5 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) Good thoughts all!

Mary Christine said...

Good morning David.

JeremyRT said...

Exactly what I need to (hear) read today
Thank you

Syd said...

I have to smile about their "research". I think that their initial hypothesis was a false one.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Acceptance is the answer...