Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Four Simple Words


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

One of the most profound/significant things I've ever heard in an AA meeting was from a woman celebrating 25 years of sobriety.  She said that if she has not learned anything else in her 25 years,
it is this thing about whatever is going on in her life ........

This Too Shall Pass.

So if you're having a problem today or this week or this month and feel totally overwhelmed by it, please remember those 4 simple words.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition.
Giving up is what makes it permanent.

- Marilyn vos Savant

5 comments:

Pammie said...

My mother started saying this to me when I was in elementary and when I got to the program and heard it I thought "OH NO" not again...LOL

steveroni said...

Mariyln vos Savant, another favorite! AA is full of Peeps who do not give up. With God's loving help...
(and some who did give up. R.I.P.)

Mary Christine said...

That's a pretty tattoo.

Anonymous said...

A good mantra for tough times

Syd said...

I like that and use it quite a bit when I am in some deep mess. Good to remember when the going gets tough.