Thursday, September 29, 2011

Letting Go (sometimes)


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I can enjoy life today as it happens! 
I often enjoyed my life when I was drinking, but if something, anything, bad happened, my day or week was ruined.  It always took me a long time to let go of anything, if I let go at all.

Today, I have learned how to restart my day at anytime I need to, as many times as I need to.
Today, I have learned how to let things go.  Most things aren't important enough to hang on to.

My friend Cisco C. used to write a blog entitled "Let No One Steal Your Peace."
I often try to focus on this phrase.  It works.  When I remember to use it.

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
- Mary Wilson Little

3 comments:

Pammie said...

oh yes..I am grateful for my life.

Mary Christine said...

Count me among the grateful.

I hope someone fed that little withered child.

Syd said...

Dave, that photo made me cry. I am going to start my day over with gratitude in my heart. And I will remember "let no one steal your peace".