Tuesday, September 06, 2011

OK. Back to work.









todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'm on a good course of recovery.  My cats agree.

for awareness and acceptance of some things I've rarely given much creedence until now.  I guess this means I have an open mind (sometimes).

for all the well-wishes yesterday from you guys on here and on Facebook too

that I'm a ham and I know it. I love attention yet I shy away from it. Comprehend?


There are nine requisites for contented living:
HEALTH enough to make work a pleasure;
WEALTH enough to support your needs;
STRENGTH enough to battle with difficulties and forsake them;
GRACE enough to confess your sins and overcome them;
PATIENCE enough to toil until some good is accomplished;
CHARITY enough to see some good in your neighbor;
LOVE enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others;
FAITH enough to make real the things of God;
HOPE enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3 comments:

Syd said...

I don't like to be the center of attention, yet I like to have attention. A conundrum for sure.
Happy 8 years and 1 day, Dave.

Mary Christine said...

Comprehend.

Lou said...

Happy 8 years to you Dave! Pls give Scott a hug for me.