Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Anti-Virus Virus

For the past 3 days, my little puter had a virus. No, not the flu that's been going around Houston.

I am NOT a computer geek and know only enough to get by so I needed help in removing this thing. A friend did that for me.

FYI -- the generic name for this thing is Bloodhound Exploit 6. It had embedded itself in one of my anti-virus programs -- PC cillin. The effect was to slow the operations of my computer down to a crawl. Apparently no permanent damage was done but it was hell to find the location of it.

It was kind of like another character defect -- it slowed me down and made me rather ineffective. With patience and working the proper steps, it was removed when it became time to remove it. By not over-reacting, a calmness and trust prevailed and I had faith that it would eventually be gone. A complete scan this monring revealed no defect but I know that it can come back if I do not continue to practice the program that saved my life and my computer. (is this reaching too far?) LOL

No comments: