Thursday, March 10, 2005

Billy

I was 23 years old when I first moved to Montose. That's here in Houston.

I had met a guy at the Montrose Mining Company, playing pool. We became quick friends and discovered that we were both wanting to find a new apartment. One thing led to another and wham, bam, thank you, sir. We moved in together. That was in 1977.

Billy 1982
Billy - circa 1982

Billy and I lived with each other on and off for 6 years. We split a couple of times to live with boyfriends, but wound up getting back together. We were never lovers, just bestest friends.

He was, and still is, a great guy to know. Billy lives in Florida now, actually since about 1990. We keep in touch infrequently via e-mail but have not seen each other in about 15 years. Billy is funny, witty, compassionate. And he isn't an alcoholic. I miss him.

No comments: