Friday, March 11, 2005

Passion

For more than three decades, I drank a lot. I drank to get drunk. I drank to oblivion. I drank with a passion.

Today, in recovery from alcoholism, I approach sobriety in much the same way – with a passion.

PASSION can be broken down as follows:

VISION – define the objective – whether it’s sobriety, a job, a relationship or washing the dishes each night, there must be an objective, an end result.

HOPE – the belief that I can accomplish the objective; otherwise known as faith

FULFILLMENT – the wonderful feeling of accomplishment; a job well done

In some areas such as sobriety or a relationship, the “objective” may never be finished. Instead, there are steps along the journey that may be accomplished as the journey continues.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Hi HP, thatnks for calling in and you are being added to my blogroll. I love the link you make with sobriety and relationship (http://soberthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/03/end-of-affair.html). I just posted about my analogy of relationship with drinking. I hope I can achieve some passion in sobriety!