Thursday, March 17, 2005

Crusty Toast o' the day ...

An Irishman's Philosophy:

There are only two things to worry about:

Either you are well or you are sick. If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you are sick, there are two things to worry about:

Either you will get well or you will die. If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you die, there are two things to worry about:

Either you will go to heaven or you will go to hell. If you go to heaven, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you go to hell, you'll be so damn busy shaking hands with all your friends, then you won't have time to worry!

5 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

And a Toast o' the Day right back to ye!

Anonymous said...

I think all my old friends will be in hell, but Im hoping that my new ones are in heaven...I know I know ....we're only human :)

doughgirl

Recovery Road London said...

A fine post and clear and lucid. I'm with you all the way until....the heaven/hell bit.

Your thinking is getting sharp as a razor of late? ! Wonderful stuff.

**thinks out loud** this spiritual side to the program...does it necessarily imply a heaven/hell afterlife? Just wondering (for once, I don't have an opinion! (Ha, ha)

dAAve said...

No, I don't think it does.

That piece was copied/pasted from another source. I can't take credit for it.

Recovery Road London said...

Oookay.. I enjoyed it anyway.