Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Birthday DOUG !

Doug 1973
Doug's Yearbook Foto - 1973

We went to Waltrip High School in Houston, Texas. I escaped in '72, Doug in '73. They even gave both of us diplomas.

Today Doug is FIFTY YEARS OLD!!! 50!!! hahaha

We had so many great times together. Did most of the stuff 2 teenage guys do. We drank together, smoked together, drove around town sober and drunk together, went to ballgames together. We never double-dated. I don't know til this day if he ever thought about that. Back in those days, I don't know if Doug knew I was gay. He found out a couple of years later after I came out. And he never judged me. Just continued to be a friend. That's what a friend does.

As is usually the case, our lives took us in seperate directions. Doug got married and now has 3 grown kids and they all live in California. We still send occasional emails back and forth and I sent him one today for his birthday. Maybe he'll even read this. I hope so.

He's a wonderful memory in my life and always will be. Doug's parents are great people too. They tolerated our behavior, somehow. We weren't easy to stomach, I'm sure.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG !!!

Doug 1984
1984

No comments: