Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

There's new guy at our AA club who I really dont' know. We've briefly introduced ourselves only. A couple of nights ago, he said he knew me from my bar. The one I continue to be part-owner of. He said that in the past few days, he knew he recognized me, but couldn't quite place it. Then it hit him.

He had the EXTREME hots for my boyfriend, Hayden. That was 2 years ago. I told him about Hayden also being my Angel, who saved my life - twice.

It's funny because I didn't remember him at all. Not at all. I told him not to be offended. There's a lot of people who I don't remember, especially from that last year of drinking. It reminded me how so many times someone would come up to me at the bar and know my name. They might start a conversation. I wouldn't have a clue of ever seeing or talking to them before.

I'm so glad it doesn't have to be that way anymore.

Now, I just don't remember people because I suffer from CRS.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

I, too, am suffering from short term memory loss. It frustrates me greatly. My long term memory is still intact, but what you said to me yesterday I might repeat to you endlessly or what I read this morning as a meditation I already have no recall. I speak to lots of people daily in early sobriety and we all seem to suffer from this. Maybe it will change with time, if not I will get...wait, what? what was I talking about?..oh yeah, get used to it.

dAAve said...

oh Kenny, you always say that!!

Sam said...

scott w, I experience the same thing. I've no clue what I read this morning in my meditations. sigh...

Zeppellina said...

I have very poor facial recognition, which can be really embarrassing, I often wonder how many people thought I had just deliberately ignored them.

At least you`ll remember him this time around.

Just dropped in to say hello.