Monday, November 26, 2007

being there



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I was sober and available for my Mom yesterday as I had to admit her into the hospital for an unexpected surgical procedure today

that I had the pleasure of listening to five AA speakers and one Al-Anon speaker over the weekend; 6 messages - all the same but told in 6 different ways

for all the hard work and tirelesss effort by more than 40 guys and gals in recovery to produce the 2007 Houston Roundup - I may get more involved (again) next year

that although I am sometimes overwhelmed by the illness of isolation, I know from experience that This Too Shall Pass

for patience

for a new topic on SOBRIETY SOCIETY -- drop by and leave a comment

that Scott's Attitude of Gratitude has been discovered by thousands of bloggers who would not have otherwise read his thoughts, thanks to recognition of The Blogger Team

We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
-Marianne Williamson

9 comments:

Pammie said...

I think that "normal" people don't have a clue about what it means to be sober for our mothers. It is a huge deal, and I want to acknowledge that for you this morning. I'm sorry to hear that she is ill.
Forty alcoholics on a committee is a hoot.

Mary Christine said...

Hope your mom is on the mend. I am glad she has a sober daave in her life. (I am glad I have a sober daave in my life too)

Scott W said...

Funny how we can sometimes surround ourselves with people and still feel isolated. Fear raising its ugly head.

Prayers sent out for your mom.

That MW quote is perfect!

Scott W said...

Dvd, I borrowed that quote.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

I am sorry to hear your Mother is in need of emergency surgery !

You are both in my Prayers.

I love you dAAve !!!!

YamadogGirl said...

I will add your mother to my prayers.
Love,
Kimberly

RoughTexas said...

I am sorry about your Mom, but I'm glad too that you were present and able to be of help. Take care!

Syd said...

I also hope that your mother will be okay. I'm looking forward to a roundup this coming weekend.

piglet said...

sending loving thoughts and the knowledge of god's will...