Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A Day of Boldness and Italics

A friend sent me this email ...

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet! I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their rear, doing drugs, while I work.
Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the gifts derived from accomplishing Step 8

that so often, the difference between a good day and a bad day is my ATTITUDE!

for the benefits of doing whatever it takes

that I have never felt the need to disrupt an organized meeting so that I can further my own agenda

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
-Unknown

6 comments:

Pammie said...

I know that I'm disruptive at work meetings, because I always have to get up and go to the bathroom. I guess that would qualify as my own agenda :)

Scott W said...

Who was that interruptee?

To me it is sad that in this world there are so many people who have fallen prey to drugs and alcohol. It really is out of hand.

Mary Christine said...

Manners - if everyone would just have manners - we would have NO problems, anywhere.

My adventures said...

i think whether they realize it or not, everyone has their own agenda... and as far as the first part, what about the use of medicinal marijuana?? i couldn't pass a drug test and get a disability check every month... if the person who sent that to you took the drugs i have to take for AIDS and congestive heart failure, I'd like to see them try to get thru it all without something for the nausea... and yes, I've tried about 10 different meds for it that haven't worked, but that's just me...

lushgurl said...

Hey dAAve, I took your advice and today, for me, doing the next right thing started with a visit to you this morning!
....and thank you so much for checking in on me these past couple of months, I really needed to know you (guys) still loved me !

peanut said...

Dear dbv, I hear and I understand. I believe you and see no problem with Medical Marijuana.

Dear dAAve,
I just had to respond first to dbv. I feel very strongly that there are cases in which, used medicinally, mariyuana is acceptable. I wanted dbv to know he is supported. Thank you.
I love you and was happy to get to the Center the past few days.
It is always a pleasure to be in your company. I love you !