Monday, November 12, 2007

Just an average guy ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a new sponsee (to me); he had 18 months sober before a recent relapse, so he already knows How It Works (but, back to Step One)

for so many choices today; this morning I chose to be happy

that I had the honor of hearing a wonderful AA speaker on Saturday night

that any new behaviors are not a matter of "trying", but rather a matter of "doing"

that the sheetrock and tile work should be completed this week on my remodelling project (bathroom #2)

that I "cleaned up" my bloglist, eliminating some blogs that are no longer active. Four of them are local friends of mine in recovery. Fortunately, those guys are still sober.

Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket.
-Doug Horton


9 comments:

Pammie said...

I cleaned up my bloglist a little also. Love the quote!
Enjoy your Monday Dave.

Redhead Gal said...

Love the poster! I need one for my office.

Scott W said...

It is sad to me that so many people start blogging and don't stick with it. One day I WILL make it over to your house.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Monday Daave!
I need to clean up my blogroll... there will probably be three names left on it.

My adventures said...

ok, what came into my head when i read about your new sponsee was Eunice and Mama on the old Carol Burnett show playing Sorry!!! go back to start!!! i know, i know, "some are sicker than others" really applies to me!! lol!!!

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

Happy Monday !
I always enjoy reading you and Scott's blogs.

thank you for being steady.

I love you. me

Shannon said...

I just panicked when I read that you cleaned up your blog list of bloggers who no longer blog... I am still here, just dont have as much time on my puter as I used to... but I still come and check you out! dont get rid of me! LOL

PS I like what you said about doing, instead of trying, and choices today and choosing to be happy hells yea... I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TOO!

Recovery Road London said...

Good luck with the new sponsee.

The fork pic will be blown-up and put on my office wall.

Syd said...

Liked your list. I have chosen to feel many things but feeling happy is relatively new. I'm glad that I know how to feel happy. Thanks for all that you write and for your lucky sponsee.