Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Better focused



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the fulfillment of assisting another alkie with the meaning of the steps

that my best is my best and doesn't have to be your best

that the above concept takes so much pressure off me

that This Too Shall Pass works -- every time!

that AA's Twelve Steps were important enough to me that I have adopted them as a way of life and hope that someday they will be second nature for me

that the tile work and electrical work are complete on bathroom remodelling project #2

For fast acting relief, try slowing down.
-Lily Tomlin

7 comments:

Pammie said...

Will there be kitchen remodelling also, or have you had enough?
Sometimes "This too shall pass" - refers to the good stuff too :(

Anonymous said...

i hope the steps and the principals behind the steps become second nature for me, too, someday. i always have trouble with "this too shall pass" when i'm in the middle of some crazy feelings.

Mary Christine said...

That squirrel has good taste in beer! My two favorite brands (yes, I liked cheap beer)!

YamadogGirl said...

Talk about being squirrelly! Hee Hee!
Thanks,
Kimberly

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,
I really liked the Lily Tomlin quote !! You are so sweet and kind.

It is my pleasure to include you in "my Family."

I love you and please, please, give my love to your Mom in some small, quiet way.

She is on my mind today and, you are both in my heart !

I love you, me

Syd said...

I would like to think that the steps would be like breathing to me. Some days I have to remind myself to practice these principals in all my affairs.

johno said...

thanks for the squirrel smile today. love ya :)