Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It Takes What It Takes


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to realize that just about the only thing I've ever done in moderation is to practice the Twelve Steps

for a productive first meeting (at a coffeehouse, of course) with my new sponsee

that I got to hear more wisdom about Step 3

that Wisdom in Recovery = Experience, Strength and Hope

that my medication has made such a huge difference in my anxiety level, but that my doctor waited nearly a year before resorting to using any meds

that I may not be much, but I'm all I think about

that my cats like me too

One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.
-Sophocles

7 comments:

Pammie said...

Gotta love a coffee house meeting with a new sponsee!
I don't know why I thought you only had one cat(?)

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'm with your cats...

Mary Christine said...

I'm with your cats too!

Scott W said...

I never had a lamp as a friend.

Unknown said...

What a great pic.

Working with a newcomer with a cup of coffee. Life IS goooood!

Happy Tuesday Mr.

Syd said...

And I think about you also so you are special.

Sober @ Sundown said...

The steps are probably the only thing I do in moderation, too.