Monday, November 05, 2007

Mission Possible

The view from my first apartment in Agadir, Morocco (2002). It was a 10 minute walk down the boardwalk to my pub of choice. I lived in four apartments while there, always moving so I could be closer to my favorite pub(s). The final place I lived was directly over a bar. I was in Morocco for just over 4 months.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a nice visit with Mom yesterday

for the intangible strength that I get from prayer

that I have yet to find a trigger to drink

that I have yet to find a trigger to light up a cigarette

that my playing field gets a little more level each day as long as I don't drink AND continue in my recovery program

for a good Board meeting (Lambda Center) Sunday afternoon

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
-Charles Varlet Marquis de La Grange

10 comments:

Pammie said...

LOL-over the bar.
love the last quote.
enjoy your Monday Dave.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Glad to hear you are still having a good relationship with your Mom.

Have a great Monday!

Scott W said...

I heard we are now more inclusive.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Monday Daave.

peanut said...

dear dAAve,

Oh, I'm thrilled when you speak of your Mother. I wish her well !
Are you both enjoying the reading of the book?
The thought of you sitting there reading to her...you intent on getting each work right, Pat smiling that her sone is doing for her what, no doubt, she did for you as a child is just a beautiful mental picture for me.

I am thrilled and relieved that you are her son and she your Mother.

Have a wonderful Monday, dAAve. I love you !

sojo said...

I have visited your blog a few times now and every time I scan the little bit about you in the title bar, I read "...I drank heroically..." instead of "alcoholically". Weird, huh? I think my mind is playing off the photo just above the word...

Syd said...

Dave, sounds like life is going well. I still know of triggers that cause me to lose serenity. But at least I recognize them when they come my way.

Recovery Road London said...

I had a room above my local in clerkenwell for those evenings it was too hard to make it home.

Nice sea view you had. Not many sea views in clerkenwell!

Trudging said...

I always like to be in stumbling distance to my favorite haunts too.

Scott M. Frey said...

I am dying to know what it was that took you too all these far out, exotic places over the years...