Wednesday, May 19, 2010

changes



men can fix anything!
(one in a series)




todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful
that I don't regret the past; I cherish it because it is what got me to today

that I have absolutely no desire to go to bars any more; in my first 49 years on this planet, I lived to be in bars

to know that my problems are of my own making and I've pretty much stopped fighting anybody or anything


We can never live in the past as if it were our true home. And it is a good thing that God draws this veil over the past even without our asking. In so doing, He allows us to live today for tomorrow with just the few memories we need of what was.
- Karl Barth

6 comments:

steveroni said...

Oh no, I can see it coming--you've been all over our house, taken photo shots, and will publish the darn lot.
--Mr Fix-it

Love the Barth quote. Love Barth.

Scott M. Frey said...

thank God duct tape doesn't work on alcoholism and addiction or there would be no AA, recovery blogs and we'd have never met!

have a greAAt dAAy dAAve!

Garykfc said...

I would not be who I am without my past.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Syd said...

I've had moments when I used to wonder what God had in mind when I was set on the path from my past to the present. But I don't wonder much about that anymore. I simply have faith that only God knows.

marie said...

genius! and cheaper than buying a whole new refrigerator.

Carol said...

Most things can be fixed with tape or a stapler!! Personally, I've always found glue to be iffy. Can't wait to see what comes next. Your word verification is phali, in honor of the men who fix things week?