Monday, May 17, 2010

Men can fix anything week


This week, I'll post pictures of proof that
MEN CAN FIX ANYTHING!



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the fellowship before and after AA meetings. Just about every day of the week, I am honored to eat with sober friends. I am slowly learning a few social skills that I never learned in my formative years. I'm about 40 years late.

for a roundtable discussion amongst people in recovery about making a few changes at our recovery center. There was no yelling or no stabbing in the back like I have seen before. It was calm with some well-thought out opinions. I was proud to be one amongst many.

that I seem to be a lot happier and much more serene when I don't take myself too seriously


Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


6 comments:

The Turning Point said...

Proud of himself he turned to his wife and said.

WHAT?!

It Works.

Great, I'm laughing.

Jim

Mary Christine said...

Love the grill. Also love it when sober people can calmly discuss thorny issues.

Garykfc said...

I am so thankful for my sobriety. I miss seeing you.

Syd said...

I struggle to not be too serious--I don't take myself that way but many things in life. It requires me to let go of outcomes. It is nice when the character defects don't come screaming out during discussions.

Bill said...

YEA! It's MacGruber Week!

Anonymous said...

What woman doesn't enjoy watching men who think they can fix anything?

Go boys!