Friday, May 28, 2010

First, a short rant ...

Offshore oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico and then subsequent drilling began in the late 1950's and really flourished during the next 4 decades. I don't understand why so many people want to blame this oil spill on Bush and the Republicans. Those years have seen Democratic presidents and politicians as well as their counterparts. There's enough blame to go around to those who are actually responsible rather than to distort the facts.

Preventing future problems lies on knowing the real truth.




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that, beginning on Monday, I'm going to write about my experience with the 12 steps. One each day. One day at a time.

that I didn't kill anyone during my 3 decades of drunk driving. I did injure a woman in a wreck that was my fault. It could have been much more serious. We were both lucky.

that I get to make a living amends to society by staying sober and obeying the law, whether I agree wiht it or not.

that I will to attend 3 AA meetings today; the last of which begins at 1:15pm



To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
- Bertrand Russell

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading you on the Steps.

Nothing like a good rant to get the circulation going!

Mary LA

Syd said...

I look forward to reading your journey through the steps. Awesome!

steveroni said...

A "Step-Study" on line. Wow! I like that, (need that) and will be here EVERY day!

Garykfc said...

I can't wait for Monday, I always love to hear what you have to say.

I love how CNN has been reporting the spill is the worst in US history. All I can say is duh!

Scott W said...

If you show up at 1:15 I think you will miss that last meeting.

JeremyRT said...

Very much looking forward to hearing your experience

I love the idea of living amends too

marie said...

Looking forward to reading about your experiences with the steps. Thanks, dAAve!

Carol said...

I hadn't heard any criticism of the Republicans, maybe someone is having fun with you sensitve Texans! At any rate, it's a scary damned shame.

Mary Christine said...

If there were one person I would trust to tell me the truth about this mess - it would be you - who worked in this business for an entire career.

I will look forward to your writing on the steps. I am considering the traditions.