Friday, May 21, 2010

just visiting


men can fix anything!






todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for those who suit up and show up; especially when they announce it beforehand and then follow through

that my friend Todd celebrates 365 days of sobriety today. I got to meet Todd twice when visitng NYC. He's a sweet as they come.

for a nice visit with my sister and her significant other yesterday in rural Texas

for the 5 years that Mary Christine wrote about her experience, strength and hope

that I met 5 old high school friends last night at a small bar near our old school. We found each other on Facebook and decided to get together. I had not seen any of them in 38 years. I'm so glad I have not aged as much as they have.

Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut.
- Robert Newton Peck

5 comments:

Syd said...

I wonder if aging is genetic. Some people just age gracefully and others, well....they just age. Glad that you are aging well.

The Turning Point said...

Rushing down to Ace hardware.
Thanks for ALL the housekeeping hints.

Jim

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for the good wishes, pal!! You have been a huge inspiration!!!!

Dave said...

i am grateful for all today. i am glad i slid thru your blog today

Carol said...

There's something suggestive about that photo! I guess the same men fixin' are the same men cleanin'.

Your word verification is 'wishen', as in 'wishing and hoping' but I can't remember any more words of the song. I don't think I do any more wishen, I either do it or accept not doing it! Sorry for the random thoughts