Thursday, May 06, 2010

no title comes to mind



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that it's not always easy being simple (glad I worded that correctly)

for my perseverance of recovery; something I didn't even know I could do

for a discussion meeting about sponsorship. I don't care for that term, but it's what is used. I prefer to think of "sponsees" as people I'm working with, people with whom I am sharing what I know about the 12 steps so that they may practice the steps and then pass along their knowledge and experience to others.

that I'm much, much better at not overwhelming myself with too much volunteer work. I can get really stressed out. Both of my brain cells don't like to be active at the same time.

Get a life in which you are not alone. Find people you love, and who love you. And remember that love is not leisure, it is work.
- Anna Quindlen

7 comments:

Gledwood said...

I don't know whAAt thAAt sculpture thing is, but it's pretty funkey

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I think of sponsees as people I learn from and whom I can share the experience of my path through the steps with, I'm only a few steps ahead anyway, so all I can do is light the path a little to get them started as they make the decisions. I'm not God, I'm just another ass carrying the message willing and able to trudge a path with them as long as God intends.
:)

Glad your trudge is shared here today too, it encourages me!

Mary Christine said...

I'm sure no matter what you call yourself, you are a very good sponsor. And I think we are better erring on the side of not thinking we know it all.

Mike Golch said...

I am a firm believer that we all are doing the work the God as we define him wants us to do.That sand sculptuer took a long time to complete,just as our recover does as well.

Anonymous said...

"Love is work," I like that. Helps explains a few things, too!

marie said...

Where did the word sponsorship come from anyway? It is not in the Big Book...

Syd said...

Didn't sponsor come from the 12 x 12? I like your definition. I think it is sharing with another my E, S, and H on the steps.