Wednesday, May 05, 2010

just because ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I have something to offer. So do you. And you too.

for the Fifth Step of Alcoholics Anonymous. "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

that a spiritual life is not a theory. I have to live it.

that I no longer live a double life. I think of all the energy I spent trying to be the person my bosses wanted me to be; the person I thought my bar friends wanted me to be; the person I thought my parents wanted me to be; the person I thought my close friends wanted me to be.
Whew!!


There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them.
- Andre Gide

6 comments:

Syd said...

Those double lives can keep us very busy and depleted of energy.

Garykfc said...

I'm exhausted thinking about how I wanted to keep eveyrone happy.

Zanejabbers said...

Isn't that freedom?

Anonymous said...

Great to stop worrying about what all the "theys" in our lives are thinking. That's some big time sand sculpture!

marie said...

Ugh...the double life. It took me almost 6 years sober in the rooms of AA to finally stop doing that. Ironically, sometimes being smart makes for a very slow learner.

steveroni said...

Sooner rather than later it is time to stop worrying what you all think. For one thing you all are probably never thinking (about me)--grin!