Saturday, June 11, 2005

FACTS

The Facts are these:

I am an alcoholic. I drank every day. I drank to oblivion.
I drank when I wanted to. I drank when I did not want to.
I could not stop drinking using my own willpower.
My life had become unmanageable. I was a miserable human being.

I was introduced to Alcohlics Anonymous.
I continued to drink. I was spiritually bankrupt.
I accepted a Higher Power into my life.
God (as I understand Him) took away the drink problem.

I was 49 years old and had never been sober as an adult.
I was full of resentments towards others and myself.
I had no idea how to approach many of life's problems as a sober person.
I had many behaviours that needed to be changed.

A.A. shows me how to live sober using 12 steps and principles.
A.A. shows me how to keep my side of the street clean.
A.A. shows me how to keep in contact with my Higher Power.
I try to live by practicing these steps and principles in all my affairs.

If I continue to keep God (as I understand Him) in my life, I can remain sober.
I carry the message to other alcoholics to help them acheive sobriety.
I am now happy, joyous and free.
I am learning how to accept and handle life as it happens.

If you think you have a drinking problem, you probably do.
This thought does not occur to those without a problem.
To contact A.A. for help, CLICK HERE.

RECOVERY IS NOT JUST FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT.
RECOVERY IS FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT.
RECOVERY IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE WILLING.

IT WORKS. IT REALLY DOES!!

3 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Spot on.

:-)

Recovery Road London said...

I'm familiar with the principles of that programme. It's cod psychology, an unfair, inaccurate and skewed appraisal of AA.

Anonymous said...

Yes how free you are.

You are a fraud. You say you have one and only sobriety date? hmmm?
Sure?
I am an alcoholic also. one day, today is it. You seem to be cocky, I was once too. falling sucks brother. There are some of us that fall. The big book says slipping is not total failure. In fact read the chapter for wives...it will help you journey in helping others like me. There are always more...unless.