Monday, June 20, 2005

quotes

"I feel so miserable without you, it’s almost like having you here."- Stephen Bishop
"He is a self-made man & worships his creator." - John Bright
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Winston Churchill
"A modest little person, with much to be modest about." - Winston Churchill
"I’ve just learned about his illness. Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial."- Irvin S. Cobb
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary. - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)
"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I’ll waste no time reading it." - Moses Hadas
"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others." -Samuel Johnson
"He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr
"There’s nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won’t cure." -Jack E. Leonard
"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." - Abraham Lincoln
"I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn’t it." - Groucho Marx
"He has the attention span of a lightning bolt." - Robert Redford
"They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge." - Thomas Brackett Reed

5 comments:

GodlessMom said...

Those are great!

Lila said...

Hi there, nice blog!

I was led to you by godlessmom, whose blog I read regularly. I was asking her for tips for fun things to do in Dallas/Fort Worth. I'm going there for business later this week. Any good ideas? I'm in my mid 30s and I like jazz and alternative art, etc. Anything "funky" would be cool for me.

dAAve said...

APPP - I haven't been to Ft Worth since I was born 51 years ago.

I haven't been to Dallas in about 25 years and wouldn't wish that place on anyone I had any consideration for.

Have a great time!!

Lila said...

Uh, thanks? Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well! It'll all be over in a week.

Scott W said...

How can I kiss those lips after you've been chewing my ass all day long?