Wednesday, June 15, 2005

God -- I've had enough!!!

Please God (as I understand you),

Help me not to drink any more. Don't get me wrong, God. I love getting drunk. It makes me funny and all my other drunk friends laugh at me. When I fall down on the steps at the bar, it doesn't even hurt. Not for long, anyway. But God, I just don't wanna drink again. I don't really mind throwing up except when it gets on my clothes or in the car. No big deal though.

But I think I've had enough now, God. I have some things I want to do with the rest of my life. It's hard to get them done when I start drinking at 8:00 o'clock every morning. Some days I can get to noon before I start, but why torture myself with waiting? And the money!! I really can't afford to drink any more, God. I keep spending way too much money not just on myself, but on everybody else at the bar. And I don't even remember it. Yeah, I think I've had enough for awhile, God.

I want some friends God. Can you let me have just a few people who won't steal from me? It seems like everyone wants what I have -- my stereo and my CD's, my money and even some of my used clothes. One guy even took my TV. If I ever see him again, I've got to ask him about that. If I can remember who it was. All my other friends don't even want to talk to me any more. I don't know why. Sure, I yell at them sometime, but I have every reason to. They piss me off. They just don't act right. If they'd only act like normal people, I wouldn't need to be yelling at them. Yeah, God, I'm done drinking.

But, God, you see, the problem is, well ...... ah ... I can't seem to stop. That's why I'm asking you to help me. It's hard to do. I thought I could quit, but I think I may be an alcoholic. Doesn't that mean I'm going to die living on the streets? Or in some homeless shelter? I don't want to end up that way. I want to stop drinking now.

Can you help me God?

2 comments:

dAAve said...

LOL
Nope, no relapse. Just a prayer I might once have said.

Scott W said...

DG, we keep him around because he pays well.