Wednesday, June 08, 2005

High Class Problem

Because I respect you, I have to tell you. I can't think of anything to write about.

In AA meetings for the past week or so, I haven't come up with anything worthwhile to share, when called upon. It's like my mind has been empty. I've hit a blank spot. The odd thing is that everything in my life is going quite well these days. I have no problems. Hold on, before I say that, let me look ...

CHECK LIST:
a) sobriety ..... OK
b) spirituality .... OK
c) family ...... OK
d) health ...... OK
e) job (well, I'm retired) ..... OK
f) money ...... OK
g) love life (non-existent) ..... OK
h) my cats ..... OK
i) the home & neighbors ...... OK

What am I missing? I still do everything I am supposed to do for my recovery. Later this morning, I am part of a small group of recovering alcoholics taking a meeting to a fellow's home because he is recovering from surgery. I have a sponsor; I have a sponsee. I still do many hours of service work each week. I read the Big Book. I try to practice these principles in all my affairs.

But when they ask me to share my experience, strength and hope, gibberish comes out. I guess I need to remember another of the tools in my tool box ---

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

5 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Gibberish is okay sometimes. If that's all there is to come out, so bit it, IMO. And if there's nowt to come out, then silence is okay, too.

Hannen said...

You forgot one. Good friends who care about me...OK

Scott W said...

It's God's way of giving us a break!!! LOL

dddragon said...

Well, perhaps Friends could be counted as part of Family.

Can't you just share that everything seems to be going well and that you're thankful for that?

Perhaps your group could play that "Glad Game" that was in the Pollyanna movie ~ ask everyone to say one thing that they are glad for.

(found you via godlessmom)

dAAve said...

Who said I was bored? I sure didn't.