Sunday, June 05, 2005

party, party, party

In March 2000, I was living and working in Lagos, Nigeria. I decided that I needed a couple weeks away from work - in Dublin, Ireland. Great place for a practicing alcoholic. I believe that Dublin was voted the European City of the Year that year. I had just a wee bit o' fun.

Dublin - Cathedral
one of the few cathedrals in Dublin

Dublin - bar
a mainstay in the Temple Bar district

Dublin - Temple Bar band
Irish music at its best

Dublin - Paddy's Day gang
Paddy's Day observants

Dublin - Paddy's Day Parade
The Parade - March 17, 2000

DID I MENTION THAT ST PATRICK'S DAY IS MY BIRTHDAY?

3 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Temple Bar? Just thinking of the district is giving me headache. lol

Grace said...

I had one trip to Dublin and witnessed a Priest Strip 0 gram in a bar. I still remember my shock at seeing a Priest derobe, till I realized what was going on!

Trudging said...

St. Pat's is your Birthday huh, well that the best excuse I have heard for drinking yet.