Thursday, January 05, 2006

as time continues ...

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for my Mom's positive attitude which I know comes from acceptance

that I was able to keep my voice from rising to extreme levels yesterday when confronted by a series of "shit happens" (will post about this tomorrow)

to learn more about a friend at the noon Speaker meeting

that I could help a friend get to a doctor appointment yesterday afternoon; in the old days, I would have been too drunk at 2pm to drive

that I don't work for that Mining company in the P.R. department

for a phone call to a non-alcoholic friend with whom I've lost touch; we're getting together for coffee today

to actually sit and watch a football game and see Texas win the National Championship for the first time since 1969

that I'm taking the day off for a mental health day for me

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
-Hugh Downs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AAwesome game! COngrats.

David D said...

Hey, Shit Happens!

Mary Christine said...

Good on ya for taking the mental health day.