Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Observations

The weather in Houston this winter has been so damn mild. Many days have seen low temperatures in the 40's with high temps getting well into the 70's. A daily 30-degree temperature change makes it friggin' difficult to know what to wear. Jacket in the morning; short sleeves in the afternoon.

Since his second appearance on Oprah, James Frey's book has seen a sales increase. Once again, Oprah shows that she's quite the businesswoman. She dragged him over the coals for lying but never removed his book from her Book Club. If I were a cynic, I would say they planned this all along. If I were a cynic.

I think Oprah could market dog turds and make money.

Some Democratic Senators have now blamed George Bush personally for the fact that Ford had to lay off thousands of workers. I guess Ford's problems (and all American car manufacturer's) have nothing to do with the fact that they simply have not kept up with foreign technology for the past 30 years.

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that the congestion problem my Mom has been having is clearing up instead of getting worse and maybe turning into pneumonia

that I was able to keep my mouth shut when an AA chairperson made an inappropriate comment based on a lack of knowing the facts

for the mantras "Pause When Agitated" and "I'd Rather Be Happy instead of Right"

for 2 new faces at the 6:30am meeting today

for the personal confusion I have in defining the difference between helping an addict and enabling an addict. That was never a problem when I was drinking.

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters --- one represents danger; the other represents opportunity.
- John F. Kennedy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Send Oprah your picture of yams that look like turds. Ya never know.

Sam said...

It took me getting into this program to actually learn what my mother tried to teach me so long ago: "Choose your battles."

Shannon said...

you have yams that look like turds? gross... send em to her... hee hee have a great day

Gooey Munster said...

I love to hear how you turn it all around by having gratitude. That is Super Cool!

Anonymous said...

Kennedy was wrong: It's a myth that crisis is danger plus opportunity in Chinese.