Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Steps are Better than the Elevator

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Mom wasn't badly injured when she feel yesterday morning

that she's been given a 4-week extension at the nursing facility because her specch therapist feels that she can make more progress

that solutions are possible to everything as long as I remain sober

that as more is revealed, I am in less denial

that while I've often been a day late, I've rarely been a dollar short

for some much needed rain last night

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

8 comments:

Trudging said...

I glad your Mom was not too badly hurt. You are right you always have a chance for a solution if you are sober.

sirreene said...

you get more exercise doing the steps!

Sam said...

happy day

Mary Christine said...

I know I say it all the time, but I am just so glad your mom has a sober Daave to be there for her.

12StepSteve said...

Life on life's terms can be rough at times - especially in situations like your Mom's.

I'm glad that you are clean and sober and able to be there for her.

Shannon said...

I too am so glad your mom wasnt hurt..

I sooo love this, "that as more is revealed, I am in less denial" how freakin true.. and now we cant claim ignorance... :)

Rex said...

Glad things are working out with your Mom...the quote is great...Im might have to borrow it.

Liz/craftylady said...

It must have been hard on your mom to realise that she won't be able to go back to her home that she loved so much. I am glad she wasn't badly hurt and that the therapist is perservering with her. As I said Mommy Pat is a fighter.