Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Book Game

As seen on blogs these past few days ...

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

"Today's life is measured against that of other years and, when it falls short, the family may be unhappy. Family confidence in dad is rising high. The good old days will soon be back, they think."

Alcoholics Anonymous, page 123

Seriously, the Big Book is the closest to my desk.

1 comment:

JJ said...

dAAve - I did this yesterday when I read muylajuana's blog and I took the book that was right next to me and the pages weren't numbered...it freaked me out.
I see you,
JJ