Thursday, January 12, 2006

Doing My Best (for today)

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Mom and I had a successful road trip to her house

that I didn't freak out when she had a little "bathroom" problem

that my latest episode of isolation lasted only 3 days

for AA Speaker meetings - I am honored to be chairing 2 each week this month

that so many people, who should know better, don't verbally convey the ferocity of addiction

that I will never consider myself "recovered" (unless I become a repaired piece of used furniture)

that I'm not James Frey

tht Anderson Cooper is so nice to look at

Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.
-Henry Van Dyke

3 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL I know what you mean about when people say they are recovered. I think its misused... what I understand it to mean, is that we have recovered from a hopelss state of mind and body... which most of us have... or at least waaaaaaay better than we used to be...

glad you are not isolating :)

JJ said...

I am in recovery but will never be recovered. Recovery rocks!
I see you,
JJ

Scott W said...

Anderson and I used to be lovers.