Monday, February 02, 2009

Have a seat ...




Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks , Alaska

"They were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. He was a huge 60 inch bull and slightly peeved!"


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to live in these truly extraordinary times

that I discovered another recovery blogger - CLICK HERE to meet Queeneenee

that we had a wonderful AA birthday celebration Saturday night at Lambda Center - there were 35 celebrants with 452 years of sobriety

that I actually sat and watched the entire Superbowl yesterday -- I have not done this in years and I'm glad I did because it was a great game to watch

The right time to show your good character is when you are pestered by somebody weaker than you.
-Buddha



12 comments:

Gledwood said...

is that true? wow!!

Mary Christine said...

It was a good game, but I didn't really like the outcome.

Scott W said...

I have the TV on for the half time. Bruce's voice sucks.

Findon said...

Brilliant moose story.

Bill said...

I hope the moose was able to relax & enjoy the view, but that's doubtful. Being in rut can lead to all sorts of unexpected dangers.

Syd said...

I always brake for moose--even if there are none here.

Guess he learned that rutting can be dangerous.

Zanejabbers said...

Well, it got him out of his rut. I wonder if he dropped any moose
pies.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm relieved the moose was alright. I'll stop by and say hi to Qeenie...(Hugs)Indigo

Queenneenee said...

Just when you think you've seen it all! Poor moosie! LOL @ Zane on the moose pies. I bet he did drop a few. I know I would've. Bless your heart for the mention of my page on yours! Traffic is up so much thanks to you I may have to hire someone to direct! Have an awesome evening! Queen

Anonymous said...

that is one crazy moose story.

Sam said...

I am grateful for you, Daave!

Anonymous said...

A wired Moose. Whoah. I've seen some wired jerks. Spent too much time with them in fact.