todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful
that I have now gone 2000 days without drinking alcohol (well, it's a start!)
for Chapter 5 of Alcoholics Anonymous, which includes little statements like ...
- that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success
- each person is like an actor who wants to run the whole show
- our actor is self-centered
- Selfishness -- self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles.
- We had to quit playing god. It didn't work.
- We had a new employer.
- Relieve me of the bondage of self.
- Next we launched out on a course of vigorous action, the first step of which is a personal housecleaning.
- So we had to get down to causes and conditions.
There is, of course, much much more where this came from. These sentences are from pages 60-62 of The Big Book.
They who give have all things; they who withhold have nothing.