Friday, February 27, 2009

just loungin' round




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that when I got sober, I got sentenced to life

for the behavior adjustments that just sorta come naturally as a result of living in Step 10

that Step 10 causes me to adjust my attitude and behavior BEFORE I screw up (occasionally)

for proof (time and time again) that the smallest show of friendship can go a long, long way

that I am hosting our 10am backyard AA meeting this morning

that I seem to stay busy all day, every day. Sometimes, though, I 'd appreciate time to just do nothin'.

Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
-The Hausa Of Nigeria



11 comments:

Pammie said...

At this moment, I can't think of anything nicer than a 10:00am backyard AA meeting.

Mary Christine said...

Your backyard is such a nice one. I bet it will be a great meeting.

Scott W said...

A hot tub meeting?

Bill said...

How much time in sobriety is required for the hot tub?

MonsieurMonsieur said...

Your posts always leave me floored and wanting more!

Syd said...

I like the photo. Those Labradors are such great dogs. I know because I have a few of them. A backyard meeting does sound good today. It's a really warm day here. Very nice. But tomorrow is going to be rainy, windy and not so nice weatherwise. I hope that otherwise it will be just great.

Sage Ravenwood said...

A backyard meeting...what a splendid idea. The picture is priceless. Hope you have a chance to relax and give yourself time for serenity this weekend dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Trailboss said...

I can relate to the time to do nothing. Try working and being a parent dear!

peanut said...

Just stopped by to enjoy your post and tell you that...

I love you dAAve !

Recovery Road London said...

A backyard meeting? That sounds like a nice idea, if you have the weather!

Zanejabbers said...

Thanks for hosting a most enjoyable and serene meeting.