Monday, February 09, 2009

on my mind ...



David Cassidy in 1975 (left) and 2008







todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for another sober day; that's 1,984 in a row!!

that I have learned the valuable habit of letting go of most of the little things (mostly)

that I was on hand to hear Negar's story of Experience, Strength and Hope (clap, clap, clap)

for a very peaceful and stress-free weekend

that I am once again the secretary (last time was 2006) of the Houston Roundup (GLBT AA Convention) and we had our first meeting yesterday; the event doesn't happen until Thanksgiving weekend


You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 comments:

Pammie said...

David Cassidy tried desperately to get me to go out with him in the 70's but I had a boyfriend at the time. "I Think I Love You" was his song to me. I could be mistaken though.

Mary Christine said...

Good Morning Daave and David.

Scott W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott W said...

Kimberly would fight Pam over that statement. For it was she that professed the great love for DC.

I think, since this is your 1984th day, you should watch THIS.

Lou said...

I would guess he has had some work done.

Lou said...

PS when does Scott sleep? Seems he is on YouTube digging up gems most of the time.

Sage Ravenwood said...

It's kind of sad seeing someone try so desperately to hang on to his youth. I would of rather of seen him age gracefully than the tight countenance he's sporting.

Love the Emerson quote! (Hugs)Indigo

Syd said...

I like to let go of things too. But I'm still and will be a work in progress.

Kathy Lynne said...

I am really glad I didn't marry David Cassidy as I had planned...not that he looks bad or anything..he just doesn't look like he did....of course neither do I....

Zanejabbers said...

Saucers of milk anyone?

Bill said...

I'm a day late. I hope you had a grand day, Newt. Mostly.