Sunday, February 15, 2009

Songs of the '60's (almost)

Some of the artists of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers. They include:

Bobby Darin --- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash
Herman's Hermits ---Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker
Ringo Starr --- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends
The Bee Gees --- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip
Roberta Flack--- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny Nash --- I Can't See Clearly Now
Paul Simon--- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
The Commodores ---Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
Marvin Gaye --- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts
Procol Harem--- A Whiter Shade of Hair
Leo Sayer --- You Make Me Feel Like Napping
The Temptations --- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone
Abba--- Denture Queen
Tony Orlando --- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
Helen Reddy --- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore
Leslie Gore--- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To
Willie Nelson --- On the Commode Again

7 comments:

big Jenn said...

You always make me laugh. jeNN

J-Online said...

LOL. Great Sunday Fun! Jenn

Scott W said...

*groan*

Syd said...

It makes me feel old. But very funny anyway.

Mary Christine said...

I hate to think of these people as being old. It is sad.

Daily said...

i asked for and got leo sayer's "i love you more than i can say" on 45 for christmas one year. i played it until it warped.

Zanejabbers said...

Well, I made a comment earlier but it is in BNL. (Blog Never Land)And now I can't remember what I wrote.
So, you're in ABBA now. Love the list. HEH HEH.