Tuesday, February 10, 2009

on the freeway ...




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the constant reminders around me that my alcoholism is alive and waiting

for the changes that have occurred in my life due to becoming a more responsible person

that I carry absolutely no resentments towards people, or groups of people, with whom I disagree on a political or social basis (this is pretty big for me)

that I had the opportunity to witness another fascinating day in court yesterday; a friend accused of sexual abuse of a child. While that charge sounds very ugly, there are extinuating circumstances that brought the jury to a deadlock during the late afternoon, but the judge directed them to continue deliberating.


He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.
-Persian Proverb

If you don't have the time to do something right, where are you going to find the time to fix it?
-Stephen King

9 comments:

Gledwood said...

I know lots of people say it's unhealthy to call yourself an alcoholic or addict when you're not drinking and using and maybe haven't been for ages, but I get the feeling it pays to be vigilant and never let your guard down, and surely that's what still declaring oneself an alcoholic or addict represents... i've heard (some) people in meetings tag "recovering" to the dreaded title and maybe that is a nicer way of putting it... but no more accurate!

Mary Christine said...

(Video is currently not available.)

I am glad you are there for your friend.

Scott W said...

I hope today brings good news.

Bill said...

Those SUV's tip over so easily. Perhaps a program of recovery would be helpful. For example, I don't tip over nearly as often as I used to.

Sage Ravenwood said...

The video was a haunting reminder things can change in mere moments. Loved the Stephen King quote! (Hugs)Indigo

Syd said...

Lots of good stuff here today. The no resentments thing has been big for me. I've always been accepting of political and social ideas but criticism has been a hard one for me since I can remember.

I've been on a Stephen King kick lately so the quote is great.

Zanejabbers said...

I strive to do it right, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. You are a good example of tolerance. I've always admired that in you.

Zanejabbers said...

That video has haunted me all day. I had to come back to it just to see the way it all unfolded. Now that is the reach out and touch thingy that I do not want.

Anonymous said...

i love this quote, "He who wants a rose must respect the thorn."

i wished i'dah thought it up. hope all goes well with your friend.