Thursday, February 12, 2009

not too serious today


East Coast Fishing Humor

The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident, a Canadian man answered his door to find two grim-faced Mounties.

'We're sorry sir, but we have some information about your wife,' said one Mountie.

'Tell me! Did you find her?' the anguished husband sobbed.

The Mounties looked at each other. One said, 'We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which do you want to hear first?'

Fearing the worst, the ashen husband said, 'Give me the bad news first.'

The Mountie said, 'I'm sorry to tell you, Sir, but this morning we found your wife's body in the bay.'

'Oh my God!' exclaimed the husband. Swallowing hard, he asked, 'What's the good news?'

The Mountie continued, 'When we pulled her up, she had twelve 25 lb snow crabs & 6 good-size lobsters clinging to her.'

Stunned, the husband demanded, 'If that's the good news, what's the great news?'

The Mountie said, 'We're gonna pull her up again tomorrow!'



todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I enjoy being sober; if I didn't, it would really be tough staying sober

for the recovery tool box at my disposal 24/7

that I know better than to reveal too much of my personal life in the rooms of AA; some things are better left to my sponsor or support group

that my friend's trial is over and she came out of it OK

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes.
-Marcel Proust

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great quote, daave. and funny story. glad your friend came out ok.

Unknown said...

Ugh~ Not an image to go with the morning tea :)

Of course your invited to spa day :)

Love love,
G~

Scott W said...

I heard that joke a long time ago but it was in the Cajun reference, and she was drug through the bayou the next day.

Mary Christine said...

Icky.

steveroni said...

That joke I'll use tonight in front of about 200 Alkies & Alanons. So thanks for that, dAAve.

Otherwise, your rather brief gratitude list for today was (for me) instructional.

Glad the girl is over the hump of that trial.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I share alot on my journal about some of the recovery. However I agree there are some things that need to be kept for those rare few. (Hugs)Indigo

Syd said...

That's a great joke for someone who is a marine scientist.

I also keep some things to myself and share with my sponsor only. It's better that way.

Bill said...

You always put a positive spin on things.

Findon said...

Great Joke. It's never that bright a tactic to bare ones soul to everyone. In a private to an individual who knows us well is much better.