Wednesday, June 03, 2009

another moose








todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Dr. Bob's Nightmare in the Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous, pages 171-181)

for this passage from the above story ...
"I spend a great deal of time passing on what I learned to others who want and need it badly. I do it for four reasons:

  • Sense of duty.

  • It is a pleasure.

  • Because in so doing am paying my debt to the man who took time to pass it on to me.

  • Because every time I do it I take out a little more insurance for myself against a possible slip.
for continued health; I'm still on the treadmill 5 or 6 days each week and work with my trainer twice every week

that I seem to learn more about myself every day, like it or not

Every time we open our mouths, men look into our minds.
~~ unknown

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Well, maybe men look into our minds when we sit at the keyboard too.

Mary Christine said...

Well, maybe men look into our minds when we sit at the keyboard too.

Scott W said...

Stay away from those type men!

Queenneenee said...

I think passing it on is the best part :)

Ed G. said...

Scary thought - that mouth-mind connection...

Syd said...

Taking care of ourselves involves not only the physical but the emotional and spiritual. I'm glad that I understand that all 3 are important.

Anonymous said...

good for you for working out so much - that's why you're so healthy.

steveroni said...

Well, maybe men look into our minds when we sit at the keyboard too.

Just thought you needed to read that again!!!! LOL

Zanejabbers said...

On your last sentence - Everyday brings a bit of richness into our lives. It just depends on how we loook at it or accept it.