todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful
we read Step 4 yesterday in the 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut meeting. Here's some words from the 12/12 that can serve me well ...
- we grab for more of everything we need, fearing we shall never have enough
- step four is the beginning of a lifetime practice
- fear, greed, possessive-ness and pride have too often done their worst
- did I try to cover up those feelings of inadequacy by bluffing, cheating, lyin, or evading responsibility?
- did I recklessly borrow money, caring little whether it was repaid or not?
- the most common symptoms of emotional insecurity are worry, anger, self-pity, and depression
- the primary fact that we fail to recognize is our total inability to form a true partnership with another human being
- either we insist upon dominating the people we know, or we depend upon them far too much
for the 40 years of talent from Michael Jackson
for my favorite Charlie's Angel, Farrah Fawcett
for the fine example of the institution of marriage that the South Carolina Governor has been. He is a shining example of the (conservative) argument against gay marriage. NOT!!
When people shake their heads because we are living in a restless age, ask them how they would like to live in stationary one, and do without change.
- George Bernard Shaw