Friday, June 26, 2009

Looking at Me

THIS is my all-time favorite music video, especially the last minute. The song ain't bad either.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

we read Step 4 yesterday in the 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut meeting. Here's some words from the 12/12 that can serve me well ...


  • we grab for more of everything we need, fearing we shall never have enough

  • step four is the beginning of a lifetime practice

  • fear, greed, possessive-ness and pride have too often done their worst

  • did I try to cover up those feelings of inadequacy by bluffing, cheating, lyin, or evading responsibility?

  • did I recklessly borrow money, caring little whether it was repaid or not?

  • the most common symptoms of emotional insecurity are worry, anger, self-pity, and depression

  • the primary fact that we fail to recognize is our total inability to form a true partnership with another human being

  • either we insist upon dominating the people we know, or we depend upon them far too much


for the 40 years of talent from Michael Jackson

for my favorite Charlie's Angel, Farrah Fawcett

for the fine example of the institution of marriage that the South Carolina Governor has been. He is a shining example of the (conservative) argument against gay marriage. NOT!!


When people shake their heads because we are living in a restless age, ask them how they would like to live in stationary one, and do without change.
- George Bernard Shaw

7 comments:

Lou said...

Michael had such a persona. And FF defined a decade. Feels like a chunk of my youth went with them.

Syd said...

Thanks for those words from the 12 x 12. It was quite a day yesterday. Today is another day. Thank goodness.

Scott W said...

Change...the only thing you can count on.

Tall Kay said...

Thanks for the Step 4 highlights. I don't recall ever 'hearing' the emotional insecurity symptoms...maybe a little nudge to go back and read it again. Have a really good weekend!

Anonymous said...

nice blog today, Dave. especially like the video tribute and the quotes from step four!

steveroni said...

"did I recklessly borrow money?"

My gosh no, dAAve. I would never do that. I always just stole it.



(I have made financial amends, though, long ago!)

Zanejabbers said...

One of your best posts.