Thursday, June 11, 2009

no more hangovers




todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that PAM has 18 years of continuous sobriety today!!

that Keith F. shared some of his experience with us yesterday at the 12:15pm speaker meeting

that I saw The Hangover last night -- very light and funny, easy to watch

that I rarely had serious hangovers during my 30+ years of drinking

for THIS piece by Mr SponsorPants about the possibility of a person being an alcoholic


Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.

- Mary Tyler Moore

10 comments:

Gin said...

Awesome quote! So very true! I was a coward before my husband started drinking. Now through all of the pain I have endured as a result I have found the brave woman inside of me.

Queenneenee said...

My life was one BIG hangover. I thought it was normal. Go figure

Pammie said...

thanks for the shout out darlin' dave.

Mary Christine said...

I've been there!

Scott W said...

You are so small and stonelike in the picture. You should get yourself to the back yard!

Bill said...

SOMEONE STOLE YOUR GREAT-AUNT'S CAR!!!

...but left the little nekkid man.

Syd said...

Nice abs, Dave. I read Mr. Sponsor Pants--lots of good stuff.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Love the MTM quote!

Tall Kay said...

Hi DAAve:

This is my first visit here and I love all the gratitude. Been on the pity pot the last couple of days, and there's nothing like a good 'ol dose of gratitude to kick my ungrateful ass into action.

I'm going to link to you also and come back often.

God bless,
TK

Patrick said...

Love the quote, and the post by Mr. Sponsor Pants, also.