Monday, June 29, 2009

back to ...

Nairobi umbrella







todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the miracles offered me, often without my knowledge

for just about the most fun I've experienced in sobriety -- about 7 hours with 15 other friends in recovery as we decorated vehicles, then waited for hours in the extreme heat (together) at the staging area for the Gay Pride Parade. The Parade took 2 hours itself, and I got to drive the convertible which presented Mr & Miss Lambda 2009.

that I got to meet and hold conversation with Annise Parker and Carlos Obando, who are running campaigns for Houston Mayor and City Council. Both are openly gay candidates, but stand for much more than just that.

that Scott W. celebrates another birthday today and he does it as a sober man

The giant oak is an acorn that held its ground.
~~ unknown

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Do I see a future in politics for our Daave?

Pammie said...

I missed the parade this year. I thought about y'all in the heat though!

Tall Kay said...

I wanna see pics from the parade!

Syd said...

Sounds like a good time. Glad that you enjoyed it in spite of the heat. Whew, it was hot here too.

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!

dAAve said...

Tall Karen - I'd rather not post any of our pictures on the internet because that might violate someone's anonymity without their permission.

steveroni said...

I missed the parade also, was on a mountain somewhere, I guess. That almost sounds like the old daze--not sure where I was, or when?

Glad you had fun.

garden-variety drunk said...

happy pride! glad to had a great time at the parade. i missed the one in my city this year due to all this moving/studying stuff but i love the happy celebrations all over the country :)

Zanejabbers said...

That was our 4th parade together winding down Westheimer. Yep lots of fun SOBER!