Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Hanging on


?



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the psychic change I had just at the right time (isn't that how it works for us?)

that I've been fortunate enough to keep taking forward steps, with just a few setbacks since getting sober

for more lessons that I should not judge a book by its cover -- nor an alcoholic by the way he/she appears

for memories -- for some reason, I've been reminiscing about my years in the oil industry. My travels and all the people I associated with. For you latecomers, I was lucky enough to live and work in 25+ countries over the last 8 years of a 20-year career.


To be loved, be lovable.
- Ovid


13 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I really enjoyed reading about your traveling adventures when you used to write about it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

You and I have that "wide travel pattern" in common! I reminisce sometimes too, but am grateful that I can stay home now!

Pammie said...

I miss the old stories of your life too. Like when you stared in Chorus Line and that year you were a Congressman and how you played for that National Hockey team.

Scott W said...

Wanderlust?

Is that a moose on that pole? I haven't seen a pole dancing moose, since...well, for a long time.

Syd said...

I would like to hear more about your travels. I am sure that you saw a lot of interesting places.

Lou said...

I lived a lot of places (and seen a lot of things..haha). It really is a blessing,and full of memories.

We could start more blogs where we write about that (NOT!)

Anonymous said...

good to see you yesterday. see you tomorrow morning, bright and early!

Ed G. said...

I best liked your story of when you came to with the mare's head laying in bed with you and the stallion breaking down the door...

Unforgettable...

I had a nightmare last night about moving my mother out of house she hasn't lived in for 10 years...

I think I'll just borrow your memories...

dAAve said...

Pam - I only coached that team.
Ed G -- I've been afraid of horses ever since.

steveroni said...

To be loved...be lovable. Priceless!

That picture looks like one of Santa's moose got unhitched!

Glad it ain't ME up there, with or without the moose.

Scott W said...

That was you?

Queenneenee said...

Hi dAAve - I love the quote, I tell my son this all the time. Not that he's not loved but he complains no one likes him. I tell him to smile and be friendly and he will receive that in return. It works if u work it right?

Zanejabbers said...

Simply Hi.